Events and Operations Assistant
23 March 2015: posted by BigChange
Big Change connects and supports forward thinking people, ideas and projects to catalyse positive change for young people in the UK.
Main Purpose of the Job:
We recognise that with great ambition comes the need for great people and we are looking for someone to help the community team manage and deliver some of our challenges, community events and keep all Big Change’s administrative systems up to date.
You will need some experience providing administrative support to teams in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Well organised with a great eye for detail, you will have the ability to juggle numerous tasks at the same time. With strong communications skills you will be great at relationship management with the capability to work as part of a team but also under your own initiative.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Take responsibility for day to day administration of community databases and ongoing event management
- Support the community team wherever needed on event logistics – everything from community events to our bigger STRIVE Challenges
- Managing social media accounts and keeping our website up to date
- Booking meetings and supporting the team on an ad hoc basis
More specifically, you will:
- Work with the leadership team to help manage our community and deliver our fundraising events
- Help our fundraising team to research and identify potential new high value partnerships with individuals and organisations
- Help manage the donor/fundraiser experience at any event or community-based fundraising effort that we are a part of
- Ensure our community of donors, fundraisers and supporters is kept up-to-date with progress
- Engage, brief and prepare senior staff or key volunteers where necessary
- Keep an eye on social trends, the news, business, the arts, celebrities other charities etc. to identify opportunities and those companies and individuals who may be in a position to make things happen
- Maximise donor/fundraiser/supporter networks and relationships by exploring opportunities with the Management team and Trustees
Knowledge and experience
Previous knowledge and experience is going to be helpful but ultimately, we are looking for someone with a great attitude who is keen to make a mark supporting key individuals in our team:
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast paced startup environment where no one day is the same
- Experience of working on community and fundraising events (from mass participation events to smaller, more intimate dinners) is preferred but not essential
- Applying passion and creativity to develop successful community activities
- Excellent relationship-building with senior supporters and stakeholders
Skills and competencies
- A strong organiser with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise work and juggle multiple things at once
- Track record of successful project management and delivery to deadlines
- An approach which is flexible, innovative and responsive
- Ability to problem solve in a pressurised environment, work autonomously and be very proactive in approach
- IT literate and confident user of databases (Excel, Salesforce)
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Working knowledge of social media would be a bonus
The job is full-time and will be based in our Paddington office.
Normal office hours are 9 am to 5.30pm, but flexible working will be required to cover out-of-hours meetings, evening visits and other events.
The job holder will be required to adhere to Big Change’s policies at all times, with particular emphasis on Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding. Attendance at other Big Change’s events and conferences will sometimes be required.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com – the application deadline is Friday 10th April at 5pm.
Successful applicants will be asked to do a phone interview followed by a face to face interview at our Paddington office with a view to starting as soon as possible.